Highlights of my day!!!
- I had to wait for a plumber in the morning. It was a highlight because.. the plumber was incredibly nice looking.. hehehe
- I got my hair cut at Sublime Hair Design- I think he did a great job. He even put some nice curls in my hair for the day. They kind of had fallen out by the evening but it was still super nice!
- Went to a seminar- Although it wasn't ideal that there was a seminar on my birthday.. it was really worth it. Some solid information and what I needed to be at. So hey- it worked out!
- I went home and got ready for the night. Mr. Tyke came over to get me and brought my birthday present. An amazing keepsake. He knew I wanted some art above my couch in my new flat. There is a very beautiful bridge in Edinburgh allied the Forth Bridge. Mr. Tyke got me a drawing of it and its absolutely beautiful. What a great gift.
- We didn't have enough time for dinner. So we literally took ourselves to McDonalds. I haven't eaten there in years and it just kind of made me laugh. Sitting in an Edinburgh McDonalds on my 30th birthday before the gathering. We really did have intentions to go elsewhere but just didn't have time. At the end- I totally preferred this. We people watched and laughed.
- The gathering! What an amazing night. I looked around and was like- wow, all these people here for me. I have only been here since September but I have literally made an amazing community of friends.How blessed am I to bring in this new decade with these people!
- People brought me gifts!! Sooo very unexpected! One of them is actually illegal in the USA! hehehe. Thanks Dan for the illegal goods.. ok, so its a chocolate egg with a toy in it.. but it still makes me feel a bit rebellious! So touched by the generosity of my friends. Tea, earrings, chocolate, cards, soaps, an electronic note machine since my desk has notes ALL over it, an invitation to dinner. Yes.. I am beyond grateful.
- The person who came up to me and said, "I've seen you at Bright Club.. this is how you sign Vagina." Since we are to be providing public engagement and impact I think that shows how impacting my comedy has been. She actually then followed up with she has a friend who just found out her son is Deaf and they are all going to learn BSL. So- hey.. maybe it actually I had some impact.
- The fact that my dry cleaner showed up. I went to pick up my dry cleaning in the morning and had my cake with me. I showed him. He asked where I was headed. I told him. We joked about him being my bouncer. He actually showed up! I gave him some cake. Mr. Tyke talked to him quite a bit and was like- wow… what a nice guy. He actually came because he wanted to look out for you- still being new in town. He ended up hanging out with us towards the end of the evening! Ha.. who else can say they have made friends with all the locals in such a short time!! hahaha.
- The Cake- not going to lie.. Chocolate cheesecake with fresh strawberries made it as a highlight. Oh so good!